PARENTS > MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission, here at St Mary Abbots, is "to encourage and help every child to develop in skills and knowledge, in confidence and personal responsibility with respect for others, to reveal Christian teaching and worship within a happy, caring and secure environment, providing a sound basis for their further education and growth."
The talents which each person brings to St Mary Abbots School, are welcomed and valued. We have high expectations for each child as we aim to:
- Challenge and extend the child's learning.
- Set standards for social and academic performance.
- Monitor the quality of attainment to improve these standards.
- Introduce new skills and increase knowledge and understanding by working individually or in groups.
- Develop lively inquiring minds and enjoyment of learning.
- Foster independence and personal responsibility.
- Encourage logical thought, rational discussion and questioning.
- Promote awareness of and response to the world about us using scientific and reflective skills as well as aesthetic appreciation.
- Show respect towards other people, their cultures, ways of life and values, both religious and moral